Sunday, October 18, 2015

Saturday Dinner at the Food Court:

On Saturday evening we were on our way home from Cincinnati. I was hoping to stop at LaRosa's pizza, however all three of the children had fallen asleep soon after starting our two and a half hour drive home.

The drive from Cincinnati to Columbus has few options for restaurants in the middle chunk of the trip. This is where we found ourselves with three, now awake, children around 7pm. We stopped at Max and Erma's at Rt 68 but the wait was an hour there. So we got back into the car and drive about 15 miles north to the Prime Outlets. My husband wanted Chipotle, however the kids do NOT like that, so we decided to try Chinese at the food court. Their menu had a longer list of choices, however there were only two choices displayed on the warming line. We ordered two meals of General Tso's chicken and fried rice to share between the five of us. My daughter refused to try the chicken, but the boys each ate some of the chicken and the rice. It was frustrating to listen to her whine, but then I reminded myself that she doesn't eat everything I cook at home either.

We had some food leftover, which we took home with us. As we got in the car, my daughter complained that she was hungry and wanted to eat the chocolate popcorn we had brought with us. I insisted that she eat some chicken and rice first which, lo and behold, she actually liked! I'm definitely tired of eating out now!

No comments:

Post a Comment