Dinner: Subway AND Raisin' Canes
I typically cook dinner most nights but this weekend has been different. On Friday night we were driving to Cincinnati to visit with some of our family. The kids and I had to pick up my husband work who was working late on a deadline. When we got to his office he still wasn't ready to leave so I offered to pick up dinner and then come back and get him. Well the kids couldn't agree on which restaurant to get food from, and as I was already tired and didn't want to argue, we ended up at both Subway and Raisin' Canes.
At Subway we parked the car and went in to order. My son ordered a 6" sub and a drink and I ordered another 6" sub for my daughter. She requested chocolate milk. There wasn't a line and we ordered and received our food quickly. I like how at Subway I can see exactly what and how much of the different ingredients are being put in our food. I can request "a little lettuce" and "extra tomato" on my sandwich. At some Subways they have an Arnold Palmer drink as an option, this particular one did not and my son was disappointed. I had a coupon for a buy one 6" sub and a drink and get a second 6" sub free.
We took with subs and drinks and got back into the car to drive to Raisin' Canes. At Canes we didn't want to go in so we utilized the drive through. I ordered a Caniac and a 3 piece chicken meal. The Caniac comes with a large drink and I wanted to substitute it with a regular sized drink and a child's size drink. There was some confusion on the drinks as the man taking my order forgot that I also had ordered the 3 piece meal, which comes with a regular sized drink. Once that was figured out we were good! The man taking my order at the screen confirmed my order, as did the woman who took my money at the first window. I liked that extra confirmation to make sure things would be correct. At the second window I received our food and then headed back to my husbands' office to pick him up.
No comments:
Post a Comment